Welcome to my blog.

I hope you will enjoy looking at my my art and seeing how it evolves!

Friday

New Year's Day Necklace



Another little piece of jewelry.
This was created with a piece of Coral that I found 2 years ago on New Year's Day on the Coral Strand in Connemara, Co. Galway. We had gone away for New Year with another lovely family, the Shaws, and while walking on the beach in the freezing cold early on New Year's Day we picked up shells and coral which wash up there. It is such a beautiful place. There is no sand, just crushed coral and shells washed up by the Atlantic Ocean. The taste of salty spray in the air is so invigorating. Oh, and the Peace of the place would set you up for the year.
We had the beach to ourselves except for one brave lady who was swimming in the clear fresh water. She emerged from the waves and calmly walked up the beach on this very blustery day to gather up her towel, before giving us a cheery hello and proceed barefoot across a field to a nearby house. I do hope she had a roaring fire to welcome her when she got in.

Connemara is one of my most favorite places on this earth. I think it might just be my spiritual home. Perhaps I will retire there.

No comments:

Post a Comment