Welcome to my blog.

I hope you will enjoy looking at my my art and seeing how it evolves!

Wednesday

Mixed Media work in progress




I am working on these 4" x 4" mixed media pieces at the moment. They are evolving slowly and may end up looking a bit different when I am finished. I am enjoying just playing with how bits and pieces from around the studio change the look of the pieces. I am using sumptious strips of silk from silk rod carriers from Oliver Twist. I really love the dramatic colours of the silks. I am also trying to incorporate lace and linen from my considerable stash of antique linens that my Mum, Granny and Great Auntie Nancy left me. Much of this linen is no longer suitable for use today or damaged and worn. I feel a need to honour it by using it in artwork rather than leaving to languish unseen in my hot press (airing cupboard) I hope to use more of it in the future.
As before, I have used affirming/inspiring words on watercolour paintings and framed these with glass tiles.
The background canvases are painted in acrylic and on some I have added some angelina fibers.

No comments:

Post a Comment