Welcome to my blog.

I hope you will enjoy looking at my my art and seeing how it evolves!

Thursday

Derelict Cottage at Churchtown, Ballinea, Mullingar.

I pass this little cottage most days coming and going from my home.  In the Spring, ancient,  long forgotten bluebells flourish by the door as cars, lorries and other traffic speed by going to God only knows where.  Do they even notice the bluebells or even the cottage itself?

I often wonder who lived there,  was it a happy home? Or was it filled with angry voices, and times strapped people rushing hither and tither fretting over  things that are no longer important?   Does it even matter?

 I like to think it was a happy contented little place where callers would be welcomed in for a cup of tea and maybe a scone and some bramble jam and a chat by the fire in the days before the road that runs past became so busy.

Sometimes when I am running around like a headless chicken fretting about stuff,   I think of that little cottage, and I say to myself,  "Does it really matter".

This painting can be purchased herehttp://www.etsy.com/shop/AislingKiernan?section_id=6115284

No comments:

Post a Comment